Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Centro-Matic - Candidate Waltz

I know I'm way behind on this, but let the record show I'm on the Centro-matic bandwagon. My first true exposure to their music, other than a track or two here and there, was the free 24 song sampler posted on their website earlier this year that Greg at Captain's Dead clued me in on.  I really took to their sound and was pretty excited when their latest album Candidate Waltz showed up in my inbox.  If you are familiar with Centro-matic, then you don't need a "sounds like" comparison and you probably already have this new album.  If you aren't familiar with them, what are you waiting on?  Didn't you see the free sampler linked above?  Check that out, then go get Candidate Waltz.  At first listen it was great, and now at three months aging its a favorite of mine.  The songs take you through a spectrum of emotions that make it the perfect soundtrack for driving around, sitting in a cubicle all day, or cooking chili on a crisp fall evening.  Add to that the frame-worthy cover art by front man Will Johnson and you have an album that is on a very short list for album of the year.

Check out this video of "Only In My Double Mind" off of Candidate Waltz that features Will painting the album cover as a mural.

No comments:

Post a Comment