Here are my favorite albums of 2009 based entirely on the amount of time I spent listening to each one. Granted, there were a lot of albums I did not buy. It was easy to pick my number one. It was far and away better than anything else this year. Numbers two through five could have been in any order; I just picked a sequence and went. They all received a lot of play.
1. Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit - Self Titled - Lightning Rod Records
2. Lucero - 1372 Overton Park - Universal Republic
3. Drive-By Truckers - The Fine Print - New West Records
4. Ben Nichols - The Last Pale Light in the West - Rebel Group Records
5. Chris Knight - Trailer II - Drifter's Church Productions