Thursday, January 13, 2011

Caleb Stine - I Wasn't Built for a Life Like This

I was unfamiliar with Baltimore songwriter Caleb Stine before hearing his fifth (and current) album I Wasn't Built for a Life Like This, but he's now definitely on my "Pay Attention To" list.  The thing I enjoy most about this album is that it is simply Caleb with his guitar and his songs, but he draws you in with excellent songwriting and just enough vocal inflection, tempo fluctuation, and chord changes so that no song feels repetitive.  He reminds me a lot of Richard Buckner, so check out Caleb if you are a Buckner fan.  I've posted the title track below for you to check out as well as a video of Caleb doing another track off the new album.  I challenge you to really listen and enjoy the lyrics.  You can download them here.
 

Caleb Stine - I Wasn't Built for a Life Like This  (from I Wasn't Built for a Life Like This) (Buy)

Caleb Stine - My Service Isn't Needed Anymore

No comments:

Post a Comment