Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year and What to Look for in 2011

Happy New Year folks.  2011 is looking good for our type of music.  Just check out some of these upcoming releases I'm looking forward to.


The Only Sons - American Stranger
Murfreesboro's rock and rollers are gonna hit a homerun with this one.  Their last album was really good (check out their site to get it for free), this one might be better.

Drive-By Truckers - Go-Go Boots
The songs I've heard from this one already put it way ahead of last year's The Big To-Do.  Let's hope that it is.

Hayes Carll - KMAG YOYO (& Other American Stories)
I don't think Hayes could make a bad album if he tried. 

Jason Isbell & the 400 Unit - Untitled as of yet
I'm really looking forward to hearing how Jason follows up the masterpiece that was 2009's self-titled release.  I've heard some live versions of a couple tunes and they sound promising.


Slithering Beast - Delicious EP
Should be out in the first part of the year, and will probably have a little more rock and roll flavor than the last two albums.  That's a good thing based on the recent live shows I've seen.

Kelsey Waldon - Untitled as of yet
I really like Kelsey's 2010 country release.  This one is supposed to lean a little more towards the rock side of things and even have a Neil Young cover on it.





Also, I added a "The Free Stuff" link in the upper right hand corner of the main page.  Check there for free albums or EP's.  I don't post everything I find that is free, just the good stuff.  So if it is listed, it is worth downloading.  Let me know if links are down or you have something you think I should add to the list.
I'm probably forgetting a few as well.  Most of these I've listed should be out in the first couple months too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment